The Government’s Home Affordable Refinance Program offers a lifeline to homeowners who are current on their mortgage payments but their remaining mortgage balance is close to or exceeds the present value of the home. If elegible, you can refinance for a more affordable, more stable mortgage.
You may be eligible for a HARP Loan if you meet all of the following criteria:
- The mortgage must be owned or guaranteed by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.
- The mortgage must have been sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009.
- The mortgage cannot have been refinanced under HARP previously unless it is a Fannie Mae loan that was refinanced under HARP from March-May, 2009.
- The current loan-to-value (LTV) ratio must be greater than 80%.
- The borrower must be current on the mortgage at the time of the refinance, with a good payment history in the past 12 months.
A Meadowbrook loan officer or loan originator can help you determine whether you meet the guidelines, then we can help you get all your ducks in a row to qualify for this program.
It can all start right now!
It all begins by speaking with a Meadowbrook licensed mortgage professional. This is someone with thorough knowledge of the financial programs and with the ability to present you with a host of options. Just take a moment to fill out the quick form on the right and we’ll take it from there.
Congratulations, and welcome to the Meadowbrook family.